1-Week Sejour, Immersion course
DAY 1 - Introductions
Welcome to your immersion course in English, Chez Greg.
- We played the board game "Europe Train" in English
We did some grammar in preparation for the English Club tomorrow:
You scored very well, 80%
- We read "Charlie et le Chocolaterie", Chapter 1 and translated it into English
- Your tranlsation was a little slow but very accurate: you were accurate to 75%.
- Excellent try for a very difficult exercise!
- We went shopping in English
Class 1 & 2
- We attended my weekly "English Club"and passed two hours speaking English amongst our small group.
- We revised the grammar and story that you learnt yesterday.
- We had a long discussion about science. We covered:
- Issac Newton
- His three laws of classical mechanics
- His ideas about light
- The Newton Telescope
- Special relativity
- A simple video explaination
- Your knowledge of Physics was impressive - way above 2nd - closer to terminal!
- We decided that you will prepare presention on one of your favourite science subjects:
- 10 Minutes
- Essay and diagrams
- To be presented on Thursday
The Journalist: Interview with Greg about his life.
- Wrote an article about the life of Greg, 200 words
- Your article was very good
- It was clear and precise and interesting
- There were two common grammar errors - we will correct in the next grammar lesson
- We spoke more about science:
- The difference between DNA and RNA
- How a black hole is created from a dying star
- Steven Hawkins theory of the evaporation of black holes
- I was impressed that you knew about black holes
- We spoke about Lagarithms:
- What is a logarithm
- How are Logs. used to multiply numbers
- How Logarithm tables work
- How a slide rule works
Bowling & Pool
Grammar - using "to" and "...ing" with verbs
- Complete this exercise.
- You scored very well, 75%
- The Journalist: Interview with Michèle about her life.
- Discussion of what we had seen at the Park
- Grammar - Relative Clauses
- You scored 95%
- Grammar - Prepositions
- You scored 75%
- Visit the village of Poul-Fetan - 19th Century renovated village with animations
- Check journalist article about Michèle
- Your article was very clear and precise with only few grammar errors - Very good!
- Deliver science presentation. Your presentation:
- Was about the "Universe Background Microwaver Radiation"
- Discussed the microwave radiation that we measure that is left over from inflation of the universe after the "Big Bang"
- Your diagrams were very clear
- You explaination was very accurate, but your speech is still slow.
- It was a pleasant surprise for me to hear you speak of physics so advanced from your school level - EXCELLENT
- Review and Feedback
- Transport home